Some may equate the term emergency with unpreparedness, but they’re not necessarily synonymous. Of course, most emergencies are filled with chaos and confusion, but if you have a general idea of what to expect, an emergency doesn’t have to be a life-changing event.
Take Emergency Towing For Example.
An emergency towing event may occur due to a motor vehicle collision or being stranded roadside, which, of course, are never things you plan in advance. Having a general idea of what to expect and what will be expected of you will help to ease the chaos as well as facilitate a speedier solution.
What To Expect When You Need Emergency Towing
If you are involved in a multiple car accident or a simple slide-off it’s easy to lose your head. During these times, we highly suggest that you remain calm. When cool heads prevail, thinking is much clearer. You are easier to understand over the phone, you make better decisions, and you can better comprehend the answers to the questions the towing company will be asking. All of this will help to bring a swift solution to your vehicle problems.
A Quick Checklist for Your Accident Towing Needs
- Ensure that you and your family are ok and remain out of the flow of oncoming traffic.
- Turn off the engine and move away from the vehicle, if you can do so while remaining out of the flow of oncoming traffic
- When dialing 911, if there are any injuries let the dispatcher know that you need an ambulance. It’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your health.
- If the vehicles involved can move on their own power, safely move them out of the flow of traffic.
- Call your choice of towing company to provide you with towing recovery services. Calling your insurance company at this time may delay service which may spur law enforcement to choose a towing company for you.
When Calling For A Towing Company
When you do call the towing company of your choice, they will need some information to better assist you. Your location is one of the most important pieces of information the towing company will need. The problem is most motorists don’t use the same terms that towing companies and law enforcement use when determining location. Here are some helpful suggestions to help your towing company out.
- Know what direction you were traveling? Were you traveling East, West, North, or South?
- Another highly useful piece of information is the name of the road or street were you traveling on?
- For emergency towing, to get a better idea of your location the towing company may ask you for the nearest cross street or what block you are on.
A Little More Prepared For Emergency Towing
There is a myriad detail that could be discussed when it comes to accident towing, what we hope we’ve done here is provided you with a little insight into what to expect should you find yourself roadside in need of a tow truck in the San Francisco area, or even in Daly City. We ask that if you need towing or roadside assistance that you call B & A Towing. We’ve been serving the San Francisco area for more than 50 years and we promise to take great care of both you and your car.